Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Yesterday was the dreaded leg day and today is a rest day Thank Jesus!!!

Yesterday was leg day and I dreaded it. Thanks to a slowly recovering tear in my plantar fascia and dropping the dryer on my left big toe, I was nervous. No problem what so ever, I was elated to say the least. Why does leg day cause so much dread!!!! because the muscle soreness is incomparable to any other soreness. You need your legs for everything, For me in general I have a stick shift and while my husband is doing his challenge I am picking him up so his carpool doesn't screw up his schedule. We live in the far west valley and he works in North Phoenix. It takes me 40 minutes to get to him and 40 minutes for us to get home. I have resigned to taking the scenic route since there is way less lights and I actually save time.

I saw a meme on Facebook and it was of a gas pedal, brake, and clutch and it states "Leg Day is Not Over" the truth in that!!! We are blessed to have a 2800sq ft home but it comes with a big staircase which is currently not my friend. Every day or two after leg day I look at the staircase and think "do I really need xyz from up there" it is usually a nope I'm good. Glutamine is supposed to help with muscle repair and recovery it is now added to my protein shake. We will see how effective this is during my 12 weeks. On a good note my clothes are already starting to fit better and I have lost some inches (thanks muscle memory!!!)

Today was a day of rest, which is convenient since I came down with a massive migraine out of nowhere. On Thursday I ordered Migraleif off of Amazon. It is a natural supplement that is supposed to help with the frequency and intensity of migraines but it takes a couple months to really kick in. I of course was out of my migraine medicine and had no refills (last time I had no refills it didn't get filled until, TODAY after I called them while at the pharmacy and it has been requested the last three months. I even watched the pharmacist fax it over the the fax number the Dr.'s office gave me) 3 minutes after I leave the pharmacy guess what? they called it in. Luckily my 18yr old was kind enough to go grab it for me and by 4pm I was finally migraine free. Tomorrow will be a better day and it is back and bicep day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment